Space Weather Hands-on Activities for Classroom & Home
Hands-on Activities, Lesson Plans, Games and Quizzes for use in the Classroom or at Home
These activities cover Space Weather and related topics, such as magnetism and the Sun.
Our team of content developers and expert teachers created some of the
activities in this section. Other activities listed here are ones that
we use and recommend.
- The Magnetometer - Build your own magnetometer and use it to explore magnetic fields.
- Terrabagga Activity - Use a homemade magnetometer instrument to explore the magnetic field of a simulated planet.
- Graphing Sunspot Cycles - Helps your students determine sunspot number cycles and make predictions in the near future.
- Plotting Sunspot Activity - A comprehensive activity that will help your students understand sunspots.
- Tracking an Active Sunspot Region - An activity that will help your students understand how a single sunspot moves across the Sun.
- A Peek Into the Lives of Stars Quiz - This quiz corresponds to the Tour on the Windows to the Universe site called A Peek into the Lives of Stars.
- Solar Concentration Game - A great game to play online!
- Ulysses Solar Word Search Game - The words chosen are associated with the Ulysses solar mission.