Introduction to Earth's Climate - Content Pages from Web-based Course
We are making the content pages (text with images, videos, animations, and interactive multimedia) from those courses available on the Windows to the Universe web site. This will allow course graduates to access the materials after the course has ended, and will also allow them to provide their students with access to the course materials as they see fit.
This page provides links to the content pages from the course "Introduction to Earth's Climate".
Introduction to Earth's Climate (content pages)
- What is Climate & An Overview of Earth System Science
- Weather and Climate Basics
- Introduction to Climate (Project Learn)
- Differences Between Weather and Climate
- Introduction to Systems & the Climate System (Moodle only)
- What is Climate?
- What Controls the Climate System?
- ESS in a Nutshell
- Climate Science: How Do We Study Climate?
- Keeping Track (The Rough Guide to Climate Change, Robert Henson, pp. 171-192)
- Direct Measures of Climate (Moodle only)
- Making Direct Climate Measurements (Moodle only)
- Indirect Evidence of Climate Change (Moodle only)
- Making Models of the Climate System (Moodle only)
- Scientists Who Study Climate (Moodle only)
- Climate Change 2007 from the IPCC
- The Physical Science Basis (Summary provided by Windows the Universe)
- Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability (Summary provided by Windows the Universe)
- The Ghost of Climate Past
- The Long View (The Rough Guide to Climate Change, Robert Henson, pp. 193 - 226)
- How to Investigate Climates of the Past (Moodle only)
- The History of Earth's Climate (Moodle only)
- Case Study 1: Tree Rings and Climate
- Case Study 2: Paleoclimates and Pollen
- Earth's Energy Balance & Solar Energy Input